Find below Strategic Management MCQ June 2021
- Ansoff proposed that for filling the corporate planning gap, one follows four strategies namely-
(A) market penetration, product differentiation, market identification and diversification
(B) market penetration, product development, marketing research and diversification
(C) market penetration, product development, market development and diversification
(D) market identification, product development, positioning and diversification
(E) differentiation, product innovation, market opportunity and diversification
- Directional Policy Matrix is the same as
(A) the BCG model
(B) the 9-cell GE matrix
(C) the Life cycle portfolio analysis
(D) the PIMS matrix
(E) the 3 X 3 competitive positioning matrix
- Which of the following market structures would be commonly identified with FMCG products?
(B) Monopolistic competition
(D) Perfect competition
(E) N one of the above
- A Product line is a group of products that
(A) are closely related
(B) are marketed through the same channel
(C) Perform a similar function for being sold to the same customers
(D) All of the above
- New entrants to an industry are more likely when.
(A) It is difficult to gain access to distribution channels
(B) Economies of scale in the industry are high
(C) Product differentiation in the industry is low
(D) Capital requirement in the industry are high
- The managerial task of implementing strategy primarily falls upon the shoulders of:
(A) The Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
(B) First line supervisors, who have day-to-day responsibility for seeing that key activities are done properly
(C) All managers, each attending to what needs to be done in their respective areas of authority and responsibility
(D) All of the above
- The strategy which concentrates around a production market is:
(A) Vertical Integration
(C) Horizontal Expansion
- ‘Corporation vision’ is the same as
(A) Corporate dream
(B) Corporate mission
(C) Corporate goal
(D) Corporate strategy
- ‘Niche’ is similar to the
(A) Growth strategy
(B) Milking strategy
(C) Flanking strategy
(D) Survival strategy
- A supplier group is powerful if
(A) It is not concentrated
(B) Offers unique products
(C) Its customers can backward integrate
(D) There are no switching costs
- A company’s actual strategy is
(A) mostly hidden to outside view and is known only to top-level managers
(B) typically planned well in advance and usually deviates little from the planned set of actions and business approaches because of the risks of making on-the-spot changes
(C) partly proactive and partly reactive to changing circumstances
(D) mostly a function of the strategies being used by rival companies(particularly those companies that are industry leaders)
- The reason for failure of Strategic Management may be described to
(A) Over-estimation of resource competence
(B) Failure to obtain senior management commitment
(C) Failure to obtain employee commitment
(D) All of the above
- Blue Ocean Strategy is concerned with
(A) moving into new market with new products
(B) creating a new market places where there is no competition
(C) developments of products and markets in order to ensure survival
(D) making the product unique in terms of attributes
- The strategy of the TATA group in India could be viewed as a good example of
(A) Conglomerate diversification
(B) Market development
(C) Cost Leadership
(D) Concentric diversification.
- Risk Management Strategies are
(A) Avoid Risk, Reduce Risk, Retain Risk, Combine Risk
(B) Transfer Risk, Share Risk and Hedge Risk
(C) Both (A) and (B)
(D) None of the above.
- The best test of a successful strategy implementation is
(A) Whether the structure is well matched to strategy
(B) Whether the strategies and procedures are observed in a strategy supportive fashion
(C) Whether actual organizational performance matches or exceeds the targets spelt out in the strategic plan
(D) Whether it is made after the strategy is formulated, so that it is supportive to the strategy
- Which one of the following does NOT seem to be an advantage of the strategic management?
(A) Discharges board responsibility
(B) Provides a framework for decision-making
(C) Forces an objective assessment
(D) It can be expensive
- Which of the following analyses ‘products and businesses by market share and market growth’?
(A) SWOT Analysis
(B) BCG Matrix
(C) PEST Analysis
(D) Portfolio Analysis
- Which one of the following is NOT part of the McKinsey’s 7-S framework?
- Which one of the following statement is NOT correct?
(A) Vision is the statement of the future.
(B) The corporate mission is the purpose or reason for its existence.
(C) Targets are formed from vision and mission statement of organizations.
(D) Goals are objectives that are scheduled for attainment during planned period.
- Which of the following can NOT be the called as a strength of an organization?
(A) Good Industrial relations
(B) Incentives from State Government
(C) Financially very sound
(D) Raw materials source at a distance
Must read – Strategic Management MCQ
- Strategic Business Unit (SBU) structure does NOT experience one of the following as an advantage:
(A) Higher career development opportunities
(B) Better control of categories of products manufacturing, marketing and distributions
(C) High cost approach
(D) Help in expanding in different related and unrelated businesses
- The existence of price-wars in the airline industry in India indicates that
(A) customers are relatively weak because of the high switching costs created by frequent flyer programmes.
(B) the industry is moving towards differentiation of services.
(C) the competitive rivalry in the industry is severe.
(D) the economic segment of the external environment has shifted, but the airline strategies have not changed.
- Business Process Re-engineering is
(A) eliminating loss-making process.
(B) redesigning operational processes.
(C) redesigning the product and services.
(D) recruiting the process engineers.
- Which one or more of the following are appropriate as a judicious mix for a Product line, which is a group of products?
(A) That are closely related.
(B) That are marketed through the same channel.
(C) That perform a similar function for being sold to the same customers.
(D) All of the above
- The Product Market matrix comprising of Strategies of Market Penetration, Market Development, Product Development, and Diversification was first formulated by
- Price fixation for the first time takes place when
(A) a company develops or acquires a new product.
(B) introducing existing product into a new geographic area or a new distribution channel.
(C) a service, the company bids for a new contract work.
(D) All of the above
- Intensity of competition is in low return industries.
(D) not important
- Which of the following statements can be closely related with the Mission?
(A) It includes definition of products & services the organization provides.
(B) It specifies management policies towards customers and societies.
(C) It provides a roadmap to company’s future.
(D) It indicates the kind that company management is trying to create for future.
- Portfolio Analysis is a term used
(A) to identify what strategy is needed to maintain a strong position or improve a weak one.
(B) to find out a best alternative out of various alternatives available.
(C) to analyse products and business by market share and market growth.
(D) to make managers more adaptable to unforeseen changes.
- Which one of the following is NOT a role of Marketing?
(A) It helps in sustaining and improving the existing levels of employment.
(B) It helps in the economic growth of a country.
(C) It helps in the discovery of entrepreneurial talent.
(D) It diminishes potential aggregate demand and thus reduces the size of the market
- Which one of the following in NOT the benefit of a Vision?
(A) It helps in the creation of common identity and a shared sense of purpose.
(B) It fosters risk taking and experimentation.
(C) It fosters short-term thinking.
(D) It represents integrity.
- The competitive position of a company’s SBU or product line can NOT be classified as one of the following:
Official Website – ICMAI.IN
- Finish What You Start pdf free download
- Tuesdays with Morrie pdf free download
- What I Wish I Knew When I Was 20 pdf free download
- Your Next Five Moves pdf free download
- Do it today book pdf free download