Find below Operations Management MCQ June 21 .
- Production control concerned with:
(A) Passive assessment of plant performance
(B) Strict control on labours
(C) Good materials management
(D) Good product design
- When work centers are used in optimal sequence to do the jobs, we can:
(A) Minimise the set up time
(B) Minimse operation time
(C) Minimise the breakdown of machines
(D) Minimise the utility of facility.
- One of the activities of expediting is:
(A) To file the orders in sequence
(B) To decide the sequence of operation
(C) To record the actual production against the scheduled production
(D) To examine the tools used in production
- ‘Z’ chart is a chart used in:
(A) Programme control
(B) Job control
(C) Cost control
(D) Quality control
Must read – Operations Management MCQ June 21
- Z-chart can be used to show:
(A) Process used in production
(B) Quality level of the product
(C) Both the plan and the performance, and deviation from the plan
(D) To show cost structure of the product.
- Computers are used in Production control in this area:
(A) Follow-up activity
(B) To control labour
(C) To disseminate information
(D) Loading, Scheduling and Assignment works.
- The following establishes time sequence of operations:
- Arrangement of machines depending on sequence of operations happens in:
(A) Process Layout
(B) Product Layout
(C) Hybrid Layout
(D) Group Technology Layout.
- Issuing necessary orders, and taking necessary steps to ensure that the time targets set in the schedules are effectively achieved is known as:
- The card which is prepared by the dispatching department to book the labour involved in each operation is:
(A) Labour card
(B) Wage card
(C) Credit card
(D) Job card.
- Cost reduction can be achieved through:
(A) Work sampling
(B) Value analysis
(C) Quality assurance
(D) Supply chain management.
- Addition of value to raw materials through application of technology is:
- The most powerful and popular method for solving linear programming problem is
(A) Simplex method
(B) Graphical method
(C) Transportation method
(D) Assignment method
- The recent trend in the Production/Operations management which suggests the use of minimal amount of resources to produce a high volume of high quality goods with some variety is referred to as:
(C) Lean Production
- Effective capacity can NOT be determined by which of the following factors?
(A) Product design and product-mix
(B) Quantity and quality capabilities
(D) None of the above
- In which of the following stages the management should try to change its approach by changing its strategy from “buy my product” to “try my product”?
- Conducting occasional check-ups of the products manufactured or assembled to ensure high quality of the production is known as:
- Which one of the following standards is associated with the “Quality Assurance in Final Inspection Test”?
(A) ISO 9001
(B) ISO 9002
(C) ISO 9003
(D) ISO 9004
- With reference to project management, identify which of the following statement is NOT correct?
(A) Gantt chart is a principal tool used in scheduling and also in some methods of loading.
(B) Routing is the first step in the production planning.
(C) The cost of any activity is proportional to its time of completion.
(D) The free float can be calculated by subtracting EFT from EST.
- Identify which one of the following statement is NOT correct?
(A) Preventing maintenance includes lubrication, cleaning, periodic overhaul, etc.
(B) The two types of cost-cost of premature replacement and cost of breakdown-need to be balanced.
(C) Wear and obsolescence are the two main causes of replacement of machinery in every aspect of life.
(D) A machine is technically obsolete when another machine can do the same job more efficiently with reduced time and also at a lower cost.
- To determine where the plant should be located for maximum operating economy and effectiveness, refers to which one of the following?
(A) Plant layout
(B) Facility location
(C) Capacity planning
(D) Capacity requirement
- Which of the following models deals with the physical movement of goods from different supply origins to a number of different demand destinations?
(C) Lean operations
(D) Line balancing
- One of the objectives of maintenance is:
(A) to prevent obsolescence.
(B) to ensure spare parts management.
(C) to satisfy customers.
(D) to extend the useful life of Plant & Machinery without sacrificing the level of performance
- Which one of the following recent trends in Production/Operations management involves drastic measures or break through improvements to improve the performance of a firm?
(A) Corporate Downsizing
- Which of the following process types is used when a very highly standardized product is desired in high volumes?
(A) Repetitive Process
(B) Batch Process
(C) Project Process
(D) Continuous Process
- Which of the following aims at finding the best and most efficient way of using the available resources—men, materials, money and machinery?
(A) Method Study
(B) Work Study
(C) Time Study
(D) Motion Study
- Which one of the following statements is NOT correct?
(A) LFT is calculated from the LFT of the head event.
(B) Slack can be calculated by adding EFT and LFT of any job.
(C) EFT is the sum of the EST and the time of duration for any event.
(D) The Total Project time is the shortest possible time required in completing the project.
- Which one of the following is NOT the advantage of Preventive Maintenance?
(A) Better product quality
(B) Greater safety to workers
(C) Increased breakdowns and downtime
(D) Fewer large-scale repairs
- Which one of the following establishes time sequence of operations?
- With reference to Aggregate Planning, identify which of the following statements is NOT correct?
(A) It is an Intermediate-term planning.
(B) It is made operational through a master schedule, which gives the manufacturing schedule.
(C) Facility planning and scheduling are closely related with the aggregate planning.
(D) It deals with the strategic decisions, such as purchase of facilities, introduction of new products, processes, etc.
- In route sheet or operation layout, one has to show
(A) A list of materials to be used.
(B) A list of machine tools to be used.
(C) Every work center and the operation to be done at that work center.
(D) The cost of product.
- Conversion of inputs into outputs is known as
(A) Application of technology
(B) Manufacturing products
(D) Operation management
- Which of the following is NOT the Plant Layout Principle?
(A) Principle of sequence
(B) Principle of usage
(C) Principle of maximum travel
(D) Principle of minimum investment
- Which one of the following standards is associated with the “Quality Management and Quality System Elements-Guidelines”?
(A) ISO 9001
(B) ISO 9002
(C) ISO 9003
(D) ISO 9004
- In a network diagram, the activity that must be completed prior to the start of an activity is called as
(A) Successor activity
(B) Predecessor activity
(C) Concurrent activity
(D) Dummy activity
- Identify which one of the following is NOT the objective of the maintenance:
(A) To keep all production facilities and allied facilities in an optimum working condition.
(B) To ensure specified accuracy to products and time schedule of delivery to customers.
(C) To keep the down time of the machine at the maximum.
(D) To keep the production cycle within the stipulated range.
- With reference to the characteristics of a good product design, which one of the following is referred to “the ease of manufacture with minimum cost”?
Official website – ICMAI.IN , Operations Management MCQ June 21 pdf
- Finish What You Start pdf free download
- Tuesdays with Morrie pdf free download
- What I Wish I Knew When I Was 20 pdf free download
- Your Next Five Moves pdf free download
- Do it today book pdf free download