Find below Operations Management MCQ – 2021 .
- Medium range forecasting is useful in:
(A) To assess the loading capacity of the machine
(B) To purchase a materials for next month
(C) To plan for-capacity adjustments
(D) To decide whether to receive production orders or not.
- To decide work load for men and machines:
(A) Medium range forecasting is used
(B) Short term forecasting is used
(C) Long range forecasting is used
(D) A combination of long range and medium range forecasting is used.
- Important factor in forecasting production is:
(A) Environmental changes
(B) Available capacity of machines
(C) Disposable income of the consumer
(D) Changes in the preference of the consumer.
- Application of technology or process to the raw material to add use value is known as:
(C) Application of technology
(D) Combination of technology and process.
- In Production by disintegration the material undergoes:
(A) Change in economic value only
(B) Change in physical and chemical characteristics
(C) Change in technology only
(D) None of the above.
- In Production by service, the product undergoes the changes in:
(A) Shape and size of the surface
(B) Shape of the surface only
(C) Size of the surface only
(D) Chemical and Mechanical properties.
- Use of any process or procedure designed to transform a set of input elements into a set of output elements is known as:
(A) Transformation process
(B) Transformation of input to output
(D) Technology change
- Conversion of inputs into outputs is known as:
(A) Application of technology
(B) Operations management
(C) Manufacturing products
- The desired objective of Production and Operations Management is:
(A) Use cheap machinery to produce
(B) To train unskilled workers to manufacture goods perfectly
(C) Optimal utilisation of available resources
(D) To earn good profits.
- The scope of Production Planning and Control is:
(A) Limited to Production of products only
(B) Limited to production of services only
(C) Limited to production of services and products only
(D) Unlimited, can be applied to any type of activity.
- Manufacturing system often produces:
(A) Standardised products
(B) Standardised products in large volumes
(C) Substandardproducts in large volumes
(D) Products and services in limited volume.
- The difference between product system and project system is:
(A) Project system the equipment and machinery are fixed where as in product system they are movable
(B) In Product system the machinery and equipment are fixed and in project system they are not fixed
(C) Project system produces only standardized products and product system produces only unstandardised products
(D) Products cannot be stocked whereas projects can be stocked.
- Most important benefit to the consumer from efficient production system is:
(A) He can save money
(B) He will have product of his choice easily available
(C) He gets increased use value in the product
(D) He can get the product on credit.
- Two important functions that are to be done by Production department are:
(C) Scheduling and loading
- The act of releasing the production documents to the production department is known as:
- The activity of specifying when to start the job and when to end the job is known as:
Must read – Operations Management true or false
- In an organisation the production planning and control department comes under:
(A) Planning department
(B) Manufacturing department
(C) Personal department
(D) R & D department.
- In Job production system, we need:
(A) More unskilled labours
(B) Skilled labours
(C) Semi-skilled labours
(D) Old people
- In Continuous manufacturing system, we need:
(A) General purpose machines and Skilled labours
(B) Special machine tools and highly skilled labours
(C) Semi automatic machines and unskilled labours
(D) General purpose machines and unskilled labours.
- Most suitable layout for Job production is:
(A) Line layout
(B) Matrix layout
(C) Process layout
(D) Product layout.
- Most suitable layout for Continuous production is:
(A) Line layout
(B) Process Layout
(C) Group technology
(D) Matrix layout.
- One of the product examples for Line layout is:
(A) Repair workshop
(B) Welding shop
(C) Engineering College
- The act of going round the production shop to note down the progress of work and feedback the information is known as:
(A) Follow up
(D) Trip card
- Line of Best fit is another name given to:
(A) Method of Least Squares
(B) Moving average method
(C) Semi average method
(D) Trend line method
- One of the important basic objectives of Inventory management is:
(A) To calculate EOQ for all materials in the organisation
(B) To go in person to the market and purchase the materials
(C) To employ the available capital efficiently so as to yield maximum results
(D) Once materials are issued to the departments, personally check how they are used.
- The best way of improving the productivity of capital is:
(A) Purchase automatic machines
(B) Effective Labour control
(C) To use good financial management
(D) Productivity of capital is to be increased through effective materials management.
- MRP stands for:
(A) Material Requirement Planning
(B) Material Reordering Planning
(C) Material Requisition Procedure
(D) Material Recording Procedure
- The cycle time, selected in balancing a line must be:
(A) Must be greater than the smallest time element given in the problem
(B) Must be less than the highest time element given in the problem
(C) Must be slightly greater than the highest time element given in the problem
(D) Left to the choice of the problem solver.
- Production planning deals with:
(A) What production facilities is required and how these facilities should be laid out in space available
(B) What to produce and when to produce and where to sell
(C) What should be the demand for the product in future?
(D) What is the life of the product?
- In Process Planning we plan:
(A) Different machines required
(B) Different operations required
(C) We plan the flow of material in each department
(D) We design the product.
- In Operation Planning:
(A) The planner plans each operation to be done at work centers and the sequence of operations
(B) Decide the tools to be used to perform the operations
(C) Decide the machine to be used to perform the operation,
(D) Decide the materials to be used to produce the product.
- Before thinking of routing, the production planner has to:
(A) Decide the optimal allocation of available resources
(B) To decide what type of labour to be used
(C) To decide how much of material is required
(D) To count how many orders he has on his hand.
- The quantities for which the planner has to prepare production plan are known as:
(A) Optimal quantity of products
(B) Material planning
(C) Quantity planning
(D) Planning quantity standards.
- The document, which is used to show planning quantity standards and production plan, is known as:
(A) Planning specifications
(B) Route sheet
(C) Bill of materials
(D) Operation sheet
- In solving a problem on LOB, the number of workstations required is given by:
(A) Cycle time/Total time
(B) Cycle time/Element time
(C) Total time/Element time
(D) Total time/ Cycle time.
- Final stage of production planning, where production activities are coordinated and projected on a time scale is known as:
- The study of relationship between the load on hand and capacity of the work centers is known as:
- One of the aims of loading is:
(A) To finish the job as early as possible
(B) To minimise the material utilization
(C) To improve the quality of product
(D) To keep operator idle time, material waiting time and ancillary machine time at minimum.
- One of the principles of Scheduling is:
(A) Principle of optimal product design
(B) Principle of selection of best material
(C) Principle of optimal operation sequence
(D) Principle of optimal cost.
- One of the requirements of Aggregate Planning is:
(A) Both output and sales should be expressed in a logical overall unit of measuring
(B) Appropriate time period
(C) List of all resources available
(D) List of operations required.
- In aggregate planning, one of the methods in modification of demand is:
(A) Differential Pricing
(B) Lay off of employees
(C) Over time working
(D) Sub contracting.
- In aggregate planning one of the methods used to modification of supply is:
(A) Advertising and sales promotion
(B) Development of complimentary products
(D) Hiring and lay off of employees depending on the situation.
- The first stage of Production control is:
(D) Triggering of production operations and observing the progress and record the deviation.
- One of the important production documents is:
(A) Design sheet of the product
(B) List of materials
(C) Route card
(D) Control chart
- The way in which we can assess the efficiency of the production plant is by:
(A) Efficient dispatching
(B) By manufacturing a good product
(C) By comparing the actual performance with targets specified in the specified programme
(D) By efficient production planning.
- CA Inter DT MCQ for May 2022 & Nov 2022 free download
- Attitude is your super power pdf free download
- Ego is the enemy pdf free download | Ego is the enemy ePub free download
- THE RUDEST BOOK EVER PDF FREE DOWNLOAD | THE RUDEST BOOK EVER ePUB FREE DOWNLOAD
- 101 essays that will change the way you think PDF ePub free download
Official CMA website – ICMAI.IN , Operations Management MCQ – 2021 download in pdf.